My Journey to Victory and Lessons I Learned Along the Way.
Always Honest. Sometimes Difficult. But Through it All.....
Victory in Jesus!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14


Friday, June 25, 2010

I Can't Do It

"Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Nehemiah 8:10


I am amazingly blessed! Yesterday was a wonderful day of celebration with some of my favorite people. It was a time of rejoicing with the women who have been praying me through these last 10 months. I was honored to be able to share with them the victory that they helped me to reach in Christ!

As a result of the excitement yesterday, I am facing the days ahead with renewed awe at God's faithfulness and provision. I am also reminded just how much I can't do on my own. Alone, I don't have what it takes to get out of bed somedays. Alone, I am not able to stop the tears and praise my King. Alone, I have no desire to be engaged with society. Alone, I cannot overcome my anxiety or depression.

But the joy of the Lord in me gives me an unlimited source of strength from which to draw in order to face the difficulties that come my way. Even on days when I am at my worst, nothing can take away my joy. I don't have to be happy to be joyful. I don't have to be free of battle to rejoice in the victory. I have a joy in my heart that cannot be taken away. It is the joy of my salvation and the source of my strength. God in me makes me able to rejoice!

Praise the Lord that in my weakness, He is strong! When I feel like there isn't anything to be thankful for, all I have to do is ask God to "return to me the joy of my salvation" and all is as He designed it to be!

Draw your strength, my friends, from the joy that is yours in your salvation. If you have nothing else in the whole world to thank God for, thank Him for saving you and loving you. Let His joy rise up in you to overflowing, surging through all you do to give you the strength to put one foot in front of the other and follow Christ in triumphal procession! All glory be to God, our joy and our strength!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

casey.. this is soo awesome. i am sad i could not celebrate the victory with you in person.. but i am defionatly celebrating from nepal.. i looove ya!

Anonymous said...

you are truly an amazing woman. Thank God for people like you who have the courage to share their lives with us. It is so encouranging to know I am not walking this battle alone. Someday I will tell you how much this blog has helped me and taught me to trust only in God.

Anonymous said...

Anytime I need a boost I remember this blogsight. Thank you for sharing.