My Journey to Victory and Lessons I Learned Along the Way.
Always Honest. Sometimes Difficult. But Through it All.....
Victory in Jesus!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14


Sunday, June 27, 2010

5 Steps to Victory - Step One

(God has shown me so much in the last year. I am still in awe of how differently I see Him today compared to this time last year. This has been the most difficult and dark time in my life. But I count it all good knowing that the trials I have faced served only to bring me into a more intimate relationship with my Father. I have spent so much time in prayer and in the Word, searching for answers. Trying desperately to walk in victory and most often coming up very short. Over the next little while, I would like to share with you God's answer to my prayers. This is not the beat-all, end-all answer to everyone's questions or problems. It is, however, God's answer to my prayers, and I pray that you may somehow be encouraged by the truth that He has spoken into my life!)


STEP ONE:

"Giving thanks when you don't feel like it is not hypocrisy, it is obedience."
-John G. Mitchell

I worry way too much about what people think. Thankfully, God is helping me to overcome this and walk in truth. In the last month, I have prayed that God would show me how to praise Him even when my heart feels only despair. I thought that rejoicing in the Lord would only make me out to be a hypocrite because of the pain that I was feeling inside. Then I came across the quote above and it was as though God spoke right into my heart. He wants me to be thankful in all situations.

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Giving thanks no matter what the circumstances is what God wants me to do. He desires my praise even when I don't feel like praising Him. You see, it's not about what we feel; it's about what we know. I won't lie to you...it is very hard to walk in this knowing. Our feelings can be very strong and difficult to overcome. But we do not have to do the overcoming on our own. God will give us the strength and the wisdom to do these things if only we will trust Him.

What greater testimony to the provision and faithfulness of God than a believer who is walking in the valley and still lifting her face toward heaven, praising God and giving thanks! Is this easy to do? Absolutely not. But, in my weakness, He is strong! Praise God that I don't have to muster up the strength to thank Him. I only have to admit that I am weak and He will provide exactly what I need to honor and praise Him, even if it means ignoring the brokenness I feel inside. His grace is sufficient!

Whatever trials you may be facing today, it is my prayer that you step out in faith and offer to God a prayer of thanksgiving. He will not only be glorified in your praise but also in your obedience..."for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glory Glory. Write a book my wise friend