My Journey to Victory and Lessons I Learned Along the Way.
Always Honest. Sometimes Difficult. But Through it All.....
Victory in Jesus!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14


Friday, March 5, 2010

In Over My Head

Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.

I sink in the miry depths,
where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
the floods engulf me.

I am worn out calling for help;
my throat is parched.
My eyes fail,
looking for my God.

Psalm 69:1-3


Do you ever feel like you're in over your head in life? I know that I feel this way often. Like I'm not going to be able to take another step, another breath. I feel completely inadequate as a wife, a mother, a child of God.

One night, these emotions overwhelmed to the point where I really couldn't breathe. I was having a string of panic attacks and was all alone. I was gasping for air, sobbing, pacing the floor, not knowing what to do.

Then, I felt the gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit and opened my Bible. I didn't know where to go, what to read, where to start, what to pray. God led me to the verses above, and the Holy Spirit prayed for me - He interceded on my behalf. I didn't know how to begin my prayer to God. But the prayer was provided for me. And these words of David came directly from my heart. I did feel like I was drowning. I was exhausted. My throat was dry from so much crying. My eyes were so puffy that I could barely see the floor that I was pacing.

Even at my lowest point, God provided. He provided the words when I couldn't form them. He shared my heart and my hurt with me. I wasn't alone.

Not long after my heart cried this prayer of anguish, I turned to Psalm 18:16 and received the encouragement, the promise that I needed to face my battle. "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters." God used these words to assure me that He was in control. He never leaves His children alone, no matter how we feel. It's not about our feelings; it's about the Truth!

The truth is that God is faithful and constant and omnipresent. He will draw us out of deep waters....when the time is right. And in the meantime, "God has heard all of [our] prayers. He has treasured and stored up everyone of [our] tears." (Psalm 56:8)

I pray that you can draw comfort from knowing that God is not a distant, aloof Creator, but a close, loving Father who sees every tear that falls from our eyes. Who hears everyone of our cries for help and everyone of our prayers for deliverance. He is there, waiting for the perfect moment to show up and show off!

The waiting is no fun, but I LOVE it when God shows off!

1 comment:

Brent Haldeman said...

When God asked Moses to go to Egypt and speak to Pharaoh, Moses replied, "Who am I?" And God said, "I am who.." Many times, what we feel is in direct opposition to who God is. I'm thankful that God Is...