My Journey to Victory and Lessons I Learned Along the Way.
Always Honest. Sometimes Difficult. But Through it All.....
Victory in Jesus!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14


Monday, July 19, 2010

Honestly

I've really been struggling with something to write tonight. I get so excited to share with you so much of what God is showing me and has been showing me in the last six months. And I still have many, many things in my heart that I want to write about. But tonight, I just can't seem to find the words.

I have been praying earnestly for the last couple of weeks for God to show me what to do next. What am I supposed to be doing with all that He is revealing to me about Himself and His word? How do I continue to trudge through this valley and bring Him glory? How do I continue on, day after day, to choose victory? Why did God show me victory and not give me healing too?

I don't have the answers to these questions. But I find encouragement in the words to Sam's favorite song:

I keep knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door.
I keep talk, talk, talking 'cause you answer Lord.
Won't be stop, stop, stopping so be listening for me.
I'm knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

Jesus doesn't say, "Pray and I might answer you. Knock and maybe the door will open." He says the door will be opened and He will answer us! I am having to trust that He does hear my prayers. And He will honor my sacrifices of praise. In the midst of everything that is churning in my heart and in my soul, I stand on the Truth! God is faithful!

And until He chooses to answer my questions, I won't be stop, stop, stopping! Because I know He answers, and I know that He is listening!

*********
I pray that something I have shared tonight has touched you. I pray that you may be encouraged by hearing of my struggles. You are not alone in whatever you are facing. God is listening. He does hear your prayers. Keep knocking, sweet friends! Don't stop! And I look forward to hearing of God's faithfulness to you in your struggles.

No comments: