My Journey to Victory and Lessons I Learned Along the Way.
Always Honest. Sometimes Difficult. But Through it All.....
Victory in Jesus!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

5 Steps to Victory - Step Five

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you."

Luke 10:19


(Blogging from the beach....what a wonderful place to share with you this last step to victory! Looking out at the vast ocean and endless skies is the perfect reminder of the power of God!)

There isn't much that I feel I need to add to the words of Jesus in this verse. Many times, the Bible speaks for itself. And I think that is certainly the case here. We have authority over the enemy! We are not to allow ourselves to be victims to Satan's schemes and lies. We have a power, given to us by Jesus Christ, that will take care of any tactic the enemy may throw at us.

The power that we have over the enemy is the same power that raised Christ from the dead. It is the same power that parted the Red Sea. It is the power that healed disease, sickness, even death. It is amazing, Holy-Spirit power! And we can often get so bogged down in our struggles that we fail to utilize this most perfect weapon.

And one thing that really gets me excited is this: We have been given the power to tread over the enemy. "To tread" means "to trample or crush underfoot." It means to crush or to oppress. I don't know about you, but I certainly like those images: crushing Satan, trampling him to bits!

This final step that God shared with me about obtaining victory in my life serves as a reminder that I am by no means a victim of Satan. I am an empowered child of the King! I have been deemed worthy to receive this gift of authority. I have been called to stand against Satan, tread on his attempts to oppress me, and walk in the fullness of victory behind the Prince of Peace!

It is my prayer that you feel this same empowerment in whatever you may be facing. You do not have to play the victim in Satan's schemes. Call him out! Resist him! Stand on the authority that is yours! Walk victoriously in the footsteps of Christ! Follow Him out as He leads you in triumph over the enemy! Rejoice that you know the Truth....and the Truth will most certainly set you free!

No comments: