My Journey to Victory and Lessons I Learned Along the Way.
Always Honest. Sometimes Difficult. But Through it All.....
Victory in Jesus!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Being Filled

"Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord."

Deuteronomy 8:3


The story of Jairus' daughter is a familiar one. The young girl dies. Jesus comes to her and instructs her to get up. The girl immediately gets up and begins walking around. Jesus then instructs those around her to give her something to eat. (Mark 5:39-43)

After reading this story and considering all that Jesus did, I see this miracle as an example of the way Christ would have us live. You see, at the very words of Christ, the girl awoke. And it is at the words of Christ that we are redeemed, restored, and made whole - saved from our sins. And just like this girl, we should answer Christ's call with immediate obedience. As soon as she heard the voice of Christ calling to her, she acted! Shouldn't we respond in this same way?

But Christ didn't just get her obedience and head on His way. He saw her obedience and then instructed her to be given something to eat. He honored her obedience by seeing that she was filled. And He will also honor our obedience and see that we are filled. Filled by living on the very word of God. He left us His Word to make sure that we have an infinite source from which to be filled. This is exciting to me. Christ calls. We obey. He fills.

Christ calls us to something...a new job, a difficult conversation, a step of faith. And, if we are listening for His voice and seeking His will, we will hear it and obey. There is something about hearing God's voice and knowing that, however difficult the path may be, I am walking the road that God has called me to walk! Does this mean that I will no longer face trials or hardships? Certainly not. Christ makes that clear. But if we are listening for the voice of God, we will hear it! Knowing this only makes me want to spend more time in the Word, listening for more of God's voice.

You see, my obedience to Christ's call is naturally followed by a desire to fill up my heart with the "very word that comes from the mouth of the Lord." I get a taste of what it feels like to be intimately connected to the Creator of the universe, and I want more!

Getting into God's Word, digging in, going deeper not only strengthens our faith and our knowledge of God and His character; it provides for us an opportunity to hear the voice of God, the choice to respond in obedience, and the willingness to receive complete fulfillment in every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord!

2 comments:

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

What a convicting and hopefilled word!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!! That is exactly right and so many times I forget. thank you for remingding me once again what I need.
I love you.