My Journey to Victory and Lessons I Learned Along the Way.
Always Honest. Sometimes Difficult. But Through it All.....
Victory in Jesus!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14


Monday, February 22, 2010

Ain't Nobody Gonna' Steal My Joy!

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."

Isaiah 43:18-19


I don't know about you, but my past is full of moments I would really like to forget. They are times of pain, shame, guilt, secrets. And the devil would like nothing more than to keep these memories at the forefront of my mind. The enemy comes only to "steal, kill, and destroy." And my friend, he has tried to steal my joy, kill my hope, and destroy my calling. He brings them to my mind when I least expect them. And often times, it leaves me feeling defeated and useless to the Kingdom. How in the world could God use someone with the past that I have, with the struggles that I have faced, with the secrets I have kept, to do anything that would bring Him glory? That is the lie that the enemy would have me to believe. And, ashamedly, I have to admit that I let him beat me down far too often. I become convinced that Satan is right. That I have no earthly value. That my life will never produce any fruit. That God will never be able to use me.


But then.......


There's this "still, small voice" telling me, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

You and I have been called to live an abundant life for Christ! God is crying out to us - Forget all those horrible things of your past - I have! Don't be consumed by them! Can't you see it?! Don't you see it?! I am doing something new!! And I'm going to use you to do it!

Praise God that our story doesn't end with our past! Praise Him that He is faithful to forgive! Praise God that the VICTORY is ours in Christ Jesus!

I don't know about you, but I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT NEW THING GOD HAS PLANNED FOR ME!

And in the mean time....Ain't Nobody Gonna' Steal My Joy!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Thank you for sharing your heart Casey. I don't know any woman who does not feel unworthy at times. To be reminded of his "no matter what" love is comforting to say the least. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

And I thank God for you and how you have helped me to see that I am worthy and that He still uses me! Praise the Lord. Aint no rock gonna cry in my place!! What a beautiful place the Lord has placed you. love you bunches.

Momma

Jenn said...

ok so i am going to send you a message about this particular devotional.. on facebook.. but I also wanted to send you a comment! This is soo awesome! I love you friend
Jenn Hand